Advertisement

Don't Cry over Spilled Ultra Bee Pollen Substitute just enjoy the show honey bees are a marvel

Don't Cry over Spilled Ultra Bee Pollen Substitute just enjoy the show honey bees are a marvel Purely for your entertainment value.
I filled a blue pollen sub feeder with Ultra Bee Pollen Substitute.
I placed it on a rail system without supporting the center removable inner cover.
72 hours later, I came to the feeding station to see that the center bottom retainer had fallen out and was then covered with more than 20 lbs of pollen sub.
The honey bees cleared more than 60% of the spilled pollen sub in the first day. They even went for the dampened pollen sub at the edges in the grass.
While I was observing that, I decided to make this video which is recorded at 1000 frames per second. Slow-motion goodness.
There were high winds, that's why most of the bees are facing the same direction.
I hope you enjoy it.
Want to start your own honey bees out early, before the native pollen sources kick in? Here is a link to Ultra Bee Dry Pollen Sub - the only pollen substitute I recommend:

I paid just under $100 for a 50 lb bag. Today, it's on sale in Mann Lake Stores only for $70/50 lb bag. That's in person, not online.

The bees ingest it and use it to make bee bread for developing brood. It's NOT better than real pollen, but it performs just as good as early tree pollen. Expect your bees to lose interest in it when the spring bloom begins. So if you don't use it early in the year, you may be wasting your time and money.

Real pollen diversity will keep your colony in maximum condition. This is what you offer when they really have no other healthy options.

Have a great day!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases

marvel

Post a Comment

0 Comments